Author Topic: Vintage Fiesta  (Read 1989 times)

mtnflwr36

• View Profile
Vintage Fiesta
« on: February 08, 2005, 02:42:21 pm »
I am trying to find out how old and about how much this plate that was left to me is worth. It is made by Fiesta, It is pale yellow and has flowers in the center and also around the outer rings. I have been searching for this pattern but have come up with nothing. If you'd like to see a pic leave me your email. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to upload.  Any help would be GREAT !

kerrybee

• View Profile
Vintage Fiesta
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:35:12 pm »
I struck out trying to find your Fiesta pattern.  Fiesta ware was made by the Homer Laughlin company.  And would date back I believe to the 40's.  Or a bit earlier.  It is possible that your pattern is "Fiesta" and that the company is not Homer Laughlin.  Are there any other markings at all?

KB

Guest_Beth

Vintage Fiesta
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 07:55:53 am »
On the back of the plate in the center it says....genuine fiesta.....HLC..... .USA.
I do know that it is Fiesta ware but I can't find the pattern that's on the plate anywhere. I have gone through so many pictures online of Fiesta but still haven't found it. It has become quite the challenge.  Thanks for any help

Tim

• View Profile
Vintage Fiesta
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 11:33:38 am »
Hi all.....I have but one reference book on Fiesta, however, it is the first book by Huxford............ ..it shows a photo of 2 lines of Fiesta with decals...and states in part:

(stamped Fiesta and has a multi-floral decal in the center and the rings arond the outside are maroon. They are rare indeed and prices reflect that.............)

another quote from the book states in part:

For a while, some Kitchen Kraft items were produced in the Old Ivory decorated with decals. You may find pieces with a Mexican motif and still others with a multi-floral decal. These were stamped "Kitchen Kraft Oven Server, HLC. These decals seem to have withstood time and use much better than those found on similar wares of the same era

So it appears to me that there were 2 lines with decals. One was Old Ivory and the other Kitchen Kraft..........The Kitchen Kraft line was from 1939 through the early 1940's. Discontinued during the second world War prior to 1945. Complete written records had not been maintained.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might  as well dance.