Author Topic: Mystery Lamps - Can any collectors help me identify these?  (Read 3885 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Mystery Lamps - Can any collectors help me identify these?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »
Can you tell us how your friend came by these lamps ?? Why would they be wanting to sell them ?? 

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 07:07:55 pm »
Can you tell us how your friend came by these lamps ?? Why would they be wanting to sell them ?? 
Somehow I don,t think its the friend that has them...if you read the post..where its says the owner is looking for $3000...and as for why they are for sale...i would have thought that was obvious...people need money,....If i,d kept everything that I,ve ever had,in the past 40 odd years...I,d need a house 10 times larger than this one,....because as it is, there,s still one room here that we can,t use as its full of..Oh, we,d, better keep that...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 07:09:49 pm »
Wow, this is all really interesting since the owner of these lamps was asking $3,000 for just one! You've all been extremely helpful, and I'm passing this info onto my friend ASAP.
here,s another in the same vane...as what the Ip man found...be sure to show your friend these...

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/17100546_20th-c-bronze-bat-and-winged-dragon-lamp-art-glass

There is another one on the thumbnails on the right,, little different style !! These have to be repro`s !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »
It i really difficult from the pictures but my feeling is with what the others said. I have seen Loetz and actually owned one and it was an expanded blue iridescent piece,unlike either of these. It was made in other colors but I never saw one that resembled these. Loetz is very often unsigned though. Mine was not signed. Better pictures would help a lot.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 01:18:08 pm »
Unfortunately getting "repro" shouted at me also.

But, that is a good thing is you are a buyer and wanting one and ti doesn't have to be an original!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!