Author Topic: Quatersawn Oak Display Cases..........  (Read 1355 times)

castleman

• View Profile
Quatersawn Oak Display Cases..........
« on: February 02, 2005, 11:52:16 pm »
I am trying to establish a value for 15 seperate Quartersawn White Oak apparel display cases Manufactured by Welch Mfg. Co. from Grand Rapids, MI.

They are 8' tall and are specifically designed for the apparel trade. Full glass displays seven feet long, 52 inches deep with retractable doors, a rotating 6 foot rack which pulls out allowing access to garments hung on the back rack. A built in dressing room, enclosed three way mirror viewing area, glass front display drawers, retractable drawers with chrome plated rails to hold neatly folded shirts, etc.

Anyone have any history of this company or a value for antique apparel displays?

You may contact at CastleMillwork@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Leon, JR.

Tim

• View Profile
Quatersawn Oak Display Cases..........
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 10:46:05 am »
Hi..........I remember seeing a couple of these or something similar. They were in an antique mall and were asking $1000 each if memory serves. Keep in mind that was the retail price. I don't know if they were ever sold. Also have to realize a practical use for something like this in order to give them a monetary value. They may be uncommon put they have to be practical. I would suggest they may be used in antique malls as display cases for other items.

You might check with the Chamber of Commerce in Grand Rapids. They may know of the manufacturer....... ......