Author Topic: Sheffield Classic 501  (Read 2930 times)

Deaun

Sheffield Classic 501
« on: July 02, 2003, 01:33:49 pm »
Hello!

I am the "caretaker" of my grandmother's china...for the next generation.  I have replaced most of the missing pieces and now have a service for 25 place settings plus serving dishes.  

My question is this:  does anyone know background for or history of Sheffield's Classic 501 pattern?  i would like to have something factual to pass down, i.e. dates of manufacture, pieces produced, ect.

Thank you!

Deaun

MichaelM

• View Profile
Re: Sheffield Classic 501
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:02:58 pm »
Deaun, My mother started buying Sheffield Classic new in the 1970's and eventually built a complete service for 12 with all the extras.  I really hoped that she would give it to me one day.  I was visiting her at some point in the mid 90's and was horrified to discover that she'd given it all to the goodwill!!  Anyway, I've been building my own set and I'm nearly there, with the exception of a few rare pieces.  I've been very discouraged, however, to find little to no information on the history of the pattern, when it was first manufactured, etc.  LOL I just noticed your post was from 2003!!!  Uh..

mart

• View Profile
Re: Sheffield Classic 501
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 07:39:36 pm »
Welcome to the group MichaelM !!  Yes that is a very old post !! If you could post some pics we might be able to assist in your search !!