Author Topic: Late 1800s stove/range - Richmond Stove Co.  (Read 7305 times)

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Late 1800s stove/range - Richmond Stove Co.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 07:21:37 am »
Somebody will like that stove enough that they will make the necessary arrangements to get it delivered. Advertise it, stating that the buyer is responsible for: “Pick up, crating and shipping costs”.

I sold a number of big heavy items to a dealer from Alaska over the years. The dealer would have a local moving company pick up the piece(s) at my shop and have them do the packing, crating and make the shipping arrangements. All I had to do was hold the door open for them.

moopy716

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 07:52:26 am »
Thanks again for the information everyone.  The only selling options that I know of are eBay and Craigslist.  Is there anywhere else that I should list the item to find interested parties?  If someone does want the item shipped, I would definitely find a shipping company that would disassemble and pack it up for me...because I wouldn't know where to begin!  Again...I appreciate everyone's feedback.  What a great forum I found :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 09:02:31 am »
Those are the two best known but check at homesteading sites, Mother Earth News and preservationist sites !!  Anywhere they have a "back to nature and off the grid" outlook !!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:16 am »
An ad in a local paper or if you have weekly  "buy/sell" trader's guide publication in your area ...... or even one in Mass, Vermont, NH or NY