Author Topic: HELP Identifying!!! Dr. Clayton's Dog Remedies Best in Show Advertisements  (Read 2095 times)

ayden2008

• View Profile
How are you doing, I was wondering if anyone could help me with something. I recently acquired some Dr. Claytons "Clayton's Dog Remedies" advertisements with actual dog photos of A.K.C.S.B.  Dog Champions. This specific one i looked up and his name is "Willamette Defeneer" a champion bull terrier akcsb 101572 and this dog won various best in show prizes in the early 1900's. They are very old, almost all these dogs we're champions before 1920 and I have some of various dogs around 15-20 of them. I'm attaching a couple of photos of a few different ones. Any help you be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

mart

• View Profile
Were these magazine ads or what ??

fancypants

• View Profile
Nice old little advert cards , ayden2008 .

No clue on value from me , though !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

ayden2008

• View Profile
no they are poster type advertisements that would be marketed in veterinary clinics or stores. And thanks for your responses!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
The pit bull one you might be able to get some money for. I collect antique postcards and pictures with pit bull photos. I'm mostly interested in service dogs. White pits like yours I would buy because they look my dog. Maybe $30 or more. Check eBay for pit bull photos and postcards. Even trading cards because the have advertisements on them.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

ayden2008

• View Profile
They are pretty big though, they are like 15" x 20" in size. I contacted someone who sold dr claytons machete bull dog mascot and he told me they go for between $75-$200 each depending on the dog pictured. Since they are all pre 1920's ads and best in show champions. But that's one opinion.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
That might be very well possible. They very collectible since they are real pictures.

mart

• View Profile
Wonder if there are descendants of the owners of those dogs !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Interesting thought mart.

mart

• View Profile
Wouldn`t hurt to check !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
My dog was born in Kentucky. There a special group of retired pilots that fly dogs in crisis of being destroyed. It took 3 airplanes to get him to me. I said I would foster him. Driving home I cried and told him he could stay. I told him he didn't have to worry anymore. A year old pup!

mart

• View Profile
Yep !!  Like most of ours have been,,,spoiled rotten !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
So right! That's his favorite bathmat, lol. Of course it used to be mine, but he loves it so much and leaves all the others alone, so he can have it! I have a matching one! ;D