Author Topic: Ebay Alternative - Has anyone sold on Webstore or Ebid?  (Read 3677 times)

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Ebay Alternative - Has anyone sold on Webstore or Ebid?
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:43:44 am »
I was thinking about selling again but not on Ebay. Ebay blocked me for having the same address as my wife who got blocked after 3000 feed backs. A customer did not pay her so Ebay could not take theri fee on time and she was kicked off. I in turn got kicked off for living at the same address. Their fees have become to high anyway.

I tried Etsy once but found that in order to do well you needed to have regular shoppers to your store which meant maintaining a large inventory. I only want to sell a piece here and there. I saw that Webstore and EBid were ranked number two and three below eBay. Ebay had an overall of 9.0 and Webstore was at 8.5. Webstore is free with no fees or percentages deducted. However I did not see anything selling. Ebid claims they have 576,000 plus items listed and 2000 weekly signups but then again is anything selling? Any other online auctions sites that you can provide feedback on would also be appreciated.

Thanks

mart

• View Profile
Re: Ebay Alternative - Has anyone sold on Webstore or Ebid?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:52:59 am »
Never heard of them but would also like to know !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:31:08 am »
I have a dealer friend that swears that http://www.goantiques.com/ works the best for selling.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
we have gumtree over here..its fee to advertise,with no sellers fees,of any description....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:23:00 pm »
Thanks Rauville and Bigwull. I will have to check those out. I would like to find an antiques only site to eliminate all the other crap.

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 08:36:53 am »
Rauville,

I like that goantiques.com site. I can't tell how you get paid though. Do you know if they use Paypal?
We are probably going to join. I also like the fact that you get a free Worthpoint membership.

Thanks

Kevin_Bones

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:24 am »
I would like to start selling certain items online, still trying to figure it all out... Also need to go open up a new online banking account for Paypal... Almost too confusing for a guy like me  :D

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 10:36:39 am »
It's pretty easy Bones!! Just contact your bank that you have a checking account with and ask for online access, they will give you a password to use on their site and you go in and change it to a new password once logged in.  ;D  Selling online just takes time to set up a store (photos, descriptions etc) and for people to begin to view & purchase your things.  You can do it!!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 11:47:19 am »
I would like to start selling certain items online, still trying to figure it all out... Also need to go open up a new online banking account for Paypal... Almost too confusing for a guy like me  :D

I would recommend doing a separate account for online selling not tied in to your personal account !!  Have sure heard some horror stories about accounts being frozen over paypal problems !!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »
Correct thank you mart I use a separate account and keep very little money in it  ;D

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:03:30 pm »
you don,t have to us an account...you can use only a credit card....that way if anything goes tits up....then you,ve got more protection....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 09:06:34 pm »
I'm no fan of PayPal , but then again , perhaps one of the members here will get 'overpayed' like the guy in the news today ... some $92 buzzillion bux !

Financial 'difficulties' can take some time & fancy talkin' to get resoulutions sometimes & esp. when regarding refunds/incorrect payments & etc  (paypal) , in me-&-my circle of friendszs experience !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

rustyattic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 09:02:01 am »
Anyone use facebook?  I just discovered buy/sell/trade groups.  I'm trying to figure it, now.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 10:19:45 am »
you don,t have to us an account...you can use only a credit card....that way if anything goes tits up....then you,ve got more protection....

I only use mine for buying online so I just leave it in paypal !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2013, 09:31:01 am »
The best advice given to you on here was to START A NEW ACCOUNT at the bank and do not tie in to your main account!!! 

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!