Author Topic: crystal i think  (Read 2350 times)

shakesgirl

• View Profile
crystal i think
« on: August 08, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »
 Would any one know if they make crystal colored like this?  I know its crystal because I flick it with my finger and it gives off a good ring. Theres no markings I can see. Then again maybe other glass gives off a good ring like that.Then again I didn't give it a cleaning when I bought it. Just stuff it on here after I flicked it.  Hey least im out of pictures  lol ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:35:36 pm by shakesgirl »

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: crystal i think
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »
if it is crystal, the resonance of the ring..will be much clearer than if it were glass,and it will last longer,..
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:21:25 pm »
if it is crystal, the resonance of the ring..will be much clearer than if it were glass,and it will last longer,..
What other glass gives a ring like crystal? And its pretty old also. (that I know of anyway)

Ipcress

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 01:42:03 pm »
Looks like glass.

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »
Not crystal  but carnival glass My first guess would be Indiana Glass Co. but you would need to research to find a maker. How do you know it is an older piece?

Here's one cleaned up for sale on ebay,
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Blue-Carnival-Glass-Raised-Fruit-Pattern-Bowl-/271252165150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f27e3921e

yours looks to have quite a bit of the iridescent finish removed, this can be done by scrubbing and such.

shakesgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 03:44:35 pm »
Not crystal  but carnival glass My first guess would be Indiana Glass Co. but you would need to research to find a maker. How do you know it is an older piece? well I assumed it  it came from an estate sale.

Here's one cleaned up for sale on ebay,
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Blue-Carnival-Glass-Raised-Fruit-Pattern-Bowl-/271252165150?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f27e3921e

yours looks to have quite a bit of the iridescent finish removed, this can be done by scrubbing and such.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 04:17:28 pm »
Just because it came from an estate sale is no guarantee !! They reproduced a bunch of this in the 60`s and 70`s !! I must not see what Wendy does,, I cant see any loss !! I do see the reflection and that gold tone the in the edge !! But most had that !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 04:44:07 pm »
Just because it came from an estate sale is no guarantee !! They reproduced a bunch of this in the 60`s and 70`s !! I must not see what Wendy does,, I cant see any loss !! I do see the reflection and that gold tone the in the edge !! But most had that !!
you can,t see what Wendy,s seeing...cos you,re wearing $2 cheaters....get under yer bed, and dig some $$ out...and buy a decent pair....those cheapies do more damage than good....

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »
Maybe loss was the wrong wording mart, the brilliance is not there looks very dull which is due to chemical cleaners.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »
Got`cha  Wendy !!

Wullie I have a pair here that are much more expensive and can`t see half as well as these Dollar store cheaters !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 05:27:43 am »
Got`cha  Wendy !!

Wullie I have a pair here that are much more expensive and can`t see half as well as these Dollar store cheaters !!
well, if thats the case, then get yer ass back to where you bought them,and demand a refund.... :D