Author Topic: BEWARE, BEWARE, BEEWARE, ... probably coming soon to a Flea Market near you.  (Read 1794 times)

cogar

• View Profile
3-D scanning technique recreates stroke-perfect Van Goghs

Have you always wanted a Van Gogh in your living room, but never seem to have a spare $20 million to pick one up? A new technique from Fujifilm could give you the next best thing: a 3-D printed reproduction almost indistinguishable from the original.

It's called Reliefography, and it works by combining traditional high-quality photography with 3-D scanning and printing. The photography captures the look of the painting, while the 3-D scanner gets up close and personal, recording the subtlest changes in the thickness of the paint.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/3-d-scanning-technique-recreates-stroke-perfect-van-goghs-8C11009317

wendy177

• View Profile
Tricky, tricky, tricky Thanks for the heads up cogar

mart

• View Profile
At that price we don`t have to worry for a while !!!

mariok54

• View Profile
Those 3D printers are pretty amazing ... you really do raelise you're living in the 21st C when you see what they can do!

I read somewhere recently that one can create a working firearm! If true then ....Frightening!

sandfisher

• View Profile
Those 3D printers are pretty amazing ... you really do raelise you're living in the 21st C when you see what they can do!

I read somewhere recently that one can create a working firearm! If true then ....Frightening!

This is true about the gun. The technology is mind blowing.
And I'm not very good at D'ing pantings.  :-\ 
But if I'm going to spend alot of money on a painting, I 'll only buy from someone I have researched and trust. A rule I keep when buying anything, online esp.

mart

• View Profile
To get one of the 3-d`s costs $34,000.  I wouldn`t worry about someone selling it on ebay !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Thanks for the amusing reading!

My son's company has one of these printers (movie industry/books/video games).  Pretty amazing!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!