Author Topic: olypic wood burning cook stove  (Read 10541 times)

cogar

• View Profile
Re: olypic wood burning cook stove
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2013, 12:24:39 pm »
It worked great for what it was designed to do.

To keep all the smoke going up the chimney ...... but a lot less of the heat doing the same.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2013, 12:41:13 pm »
 So true !!

batch

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 12:01:27 pm »
Howdy,

I can provide some info on the B-18. I worked for WSW from 1966-1985 and built these stoves and have an old one.

This is a later model, meaning it was put together with nuts and bolts. Earlier used rivets. Earlier door panels were most likely yellow, possibly white porcelain but also could have been black paint as were the later. The later body may or may not be 1 piece wrap around or 4 pieces-2 ends, front and back. The door handles on the earlier models were wire wound, not 'T', with the oven handle being a lift up and the oven door hinge spring loaded. Also the thermo was in a nickle plated housing.

Also this may or may not have asbestos insulation liners inside and on the bottom. All earlier models used asbestos.

New price back '70-'80's was approx. $1800 +/-

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 02:17:46 pm »
And a Word of Warning...if this stove has asbestos within the walls of the casing.....as it was used as insulation...be very careful...for if you come into contact with asbestos..by contact i mean, touching broken or powdered bits..then..it is very dangerous...it does not affect you now..but in the future it can have very serious to your wellbeing...it is banned over here,
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »
The person that posted this originally hasn`t been back !! Hopefully she will check back and see your info !!  Thanks for adding to the discussion and welcome to the group !!

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 05:03:15 am »
The person that posted this originally hasn`t been back !! Hopefully she will check back and see your info !!  Thanks for adding to the discussion and welcome to the group !!
ta very much.....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,