Author Topic: Glass Honeycomb Container/Vessel?  (Read 1172 times)

MichaelAndrewP

• View Profile
Glass Honeycomb Container/Vessel?
« on: December 02, 2013, 09:57:10 pm »
Anyone happen to know anything about this? It was given to me by my grandmother and she claimed it was for storing a piece of honeycomb.

wendy177

• View Profile
Re: Glass Honeycomb Container/Vessel?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 05:56:30 am »
Beautiful piece of EAPG early American pressed glass! I would say late 1800s Your grandmother was correct honey was purchased in the comb and brought home placed in this type of covered dish to be placed on the table during meals. Many call them covered compotes but this shape was specifically used for storing honeycomb!  My best guess would be Flint glass. But it could take years to pin down a maker. Treasure this piece and keep it safe!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:44 am »
These pieces are becoming fewer and fewer!  That doesn't make the value go up in $$ because most people don't know what they are.  

It is a great family treasure!  If you get rid of it let me know...but you really need to hold on to it!!!!  Also, you should note what it is with family history and put it in the holder so others will know as well!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:22:47 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

MichaelAndrewP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:04:43 pm »
Thank you both!