Author Topic: Scottish food for Texans  (Read 3597 times)

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish food for Texans
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »
c,mon...KC..a proper Clootie take a good 2 hours boiling....i made these 2 in 20 mins....from start to finish..using the microwave..but i over did them..a little, the recipe said cook for 9mins,..which i did, but..that was for a 700w micro,...ours is a 1000w.....so they were moist on the outside...but deep down they were too dry....but a good helping of custard helped sort that out....
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 02:06:47 pm »
When I was growing up, I would go ice fishing at times with an old retired railroad man with the first name of Leith. He would always have a bag of frozen "fish cakes" in the ice shack with him, that he would fry on the top of the little heating stove. I remember to this day how good those tasted while staring at a hole in the ice...hoping for a nibble. I have no idea how he made them, or what was in them, other than fish and potatoes.

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »
 But that,s what fishcakes are Rauville.....mashed potato,s flaked fish,mixed together,then made into little round cakes,coat them with a beaten egg then cover with breadcrumbs...like these....

.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fishcakes&newwindow=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eHynUoLmH4ju0gXam4CYAw&ved=0CKcBEIke&biw=1327&bih=609
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,