Author Topic: victoria dinnerware  (Read 1298 times)

thomas ashlee

• View Profile
victoria dinnerware
« on: April 03, 2005, 04:27:14 pm »
I was just wondering if this dinnerware set i have is a antque?
the set is from victoria dinnerware and is called tulip row. the set is very old, from a relative. has anyone heard of this? and can they tell me any info about the set . thankyou thomas

victoria dinnerware
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005, 06:06:53 pm »
Wow.  Lots of companies making dinnerware under the name Victoria.  They are Czech, England, Germany, USA, and even a restaurant dinnerware company.

Any country of origin on your set?  If no, then I'd go with USA.  I went on this site, www.replacements.co m  and found the several companies named Victoria.  None of them had Tulip Row as a pattern listed, but my first thought was British.  Lots of references to flower patterns.  Some are numbered, not named.  Suggest this:  (time consuming tho').  Open each company, and scroll the patterns for a general sense of style.  

You can also ask replacements for help in identification.  

I tried www.edish also, even less info there, but they too can help identify your pattern.

If it is made in England, you might try here too:  www.thepotteries.or g.  There are references to companies named Victoria, but very little on backstamp marks.    Best wishes, post back if I can be of further help.  KB