Author Topic: Cool Carved Camel Footstool - A couple of questions  (Read 1702 times)

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
Cool Carved Camel Footstool - A couple of questions
« on: January 29, 2014, 03:22:59 pm »
Hi everyone!   ;D

I have just purchased this cool carved camel footstool from an estate and am looking for some information.  I have found some info myself online however the value of these vary drastically from $30 to over $500.  I do believe that this one is a more modern version and not a true antique but I am looking for the advice and knowledge of those on this board to help me identify its true age and/or value.  I'd love to know if this is something I should be putting my feet up on or if it's something I should put on display.   Thanks everyone!  Pictures below ....

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Cool Carved Camel Footstool - A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:08:18 pm »
Yours is definitely a more modern versions of a camel footstool!  Interesting that they mixed old woods with newer woods in making it!

Can't tell what kind of wood...but the wood carving in yours definitely has more personality and looks so much better than many I have seen. 

Is the cushion vinyl or leather?

If vinyl..the lower end is what you would be looking at.  If leather (which would only make it more appealing) it would be towards the $90 - $120 range.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply KC!  The cushion is definitely leather.  I love his look - very chic :)

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 06:55:19 pm »
I sold one of the old camel stools recently for $90.  Yours is much newer but has more personality.  The range you were given before of $90-$120 is spot on.

mygrandmasattic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »
Perfection!  I only paid $20 for it because it was unique and I love strangely unique things haha thanks again everyone :)