Author Topic: O.K. They are going to let me post the Shan Document after a year  (Read 6069 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: O.K. They are going to let me post the Shan Document after a year
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 08:04:42 pm »
Hey Ironlord,, just clicked on that link and one of your pics is not showing up, it the main listing pic !! Said image not available,, others are there though !!

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »
I got the pic, unsure of what is up with that.  Thanks for looking I keep my eye posted.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 05:11:08 am »
The picture works for me. 

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 06:43:14 pm »
I was going to fix the post tomorrow at work but it appears to have a bid already.  Guess someone thinks it is worth the starting price.

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »
You might want to put an additional statement on it.  If the year is that far off that could get sticky.

Ipcress

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:25 pm »
Someone bidding is great news. You've described it as best you can and left it for the buyer to decide. Caveat emptor and all that.

Many watchers ?

ironlord1963

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 07:05:45 pm »
Yes now it is between me and my conscious, I did state the date is unknown, and even  mentioned the date of 1947 being a possibility.  It was after I posted it, that Ipcress decided to burst my fantasy bubble  :P   ;D   I will ask the management what they think tomorrow and let them decide.  You can always add a comment but it falls the bottom and no one reads any additional comments,  The only way to be a trooper about it is to end the listing and rewrite it, but now Ebay charges you to do this when a bid has been placed.

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:08:00 pm »
You could pull the auction then put it back up again with the corrected information.
Antiqueaholic in recovery

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 07:11:22 pm »
Put it all in the managements lap tomorrow.  My past experience is if something goes wrong the manager will throw you under the bus for it.  Reputation can do a lot of harm. 

Ipcress

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »
Yes now it is between me and my conscious, I did state the date is unknown, and even  mentioned the date of 1947 being a possibility.  It was after I posted it, that Ipcress decided to burst my fantasy bubble  :P   ;D   I will ask the management what they think tomorrow and let them decide.  You can always add a comment but it falls the bottom and no one reads any additional comments,  The only way to be a trooper about it is to end the listing and rewrite it, but now Ebay charges you to do this when a bid has been placed.

Hey ! It wasn't just me who said 1940's  ;)

I think you've given potential buyers enough information. You haven't stated a date as fact, you listed opinions of those you've asked during your research ( which you've also explained ) and the pictures cannot be faulted.

You can always contact the bidder(s) and verify they have read the entire listing.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 07:58:52 pm »
I have often contacted the bidder at auction end to make sure they knew what they were buying !!  Never had one bail on an  item and usually they said they appreciated a more personal contact !!  If by chance they did not read and understand it all,, its no biggie to refund if they paid already then redo the description and relist, or go to second chance option if there are others bidders !!