Author Topic: Czechoslovakia Amphora Vase - (need price)  (Read 1307 times)

KRB2014

• View Profile
Czechoslovakia Amphora Vase - (need price)
« on: March 02, 2014, 05:55:27 am »
Hi,

recently i came into possession of a vase passed down from a family member. i have searched high and low on the net for anything that could be the same or similar to the price of the vase and have found nothing besides a few similar but not the same. i would like to know if anyone could either send me in the right direction to find out the value and history of the vase or if anyone could post a reply to this telling us what something like this is valued at. i will include a selection of photos for anyone who is interested in helping me out.

thanks for reading, KRB.

[url]http://imgur.com/e794dO5,X6XxwzB[url]  (bottom of vase)

[url]http://imgur.com/e794dO5,X6XxwzB#1[url] (side of vase- decoration)

Ipcress

Re: Czechoslovakia Amphora Vase - (need price)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:20:28 am »
Amphora Work Reissner is the factory. Based in the Teplitz area of what is now the Czech Republic but is often referred to as Bohemia. ( you'll often see " Turn-Teplitz Bohemia " on some porcelain )

The factory was known as Reissner, Stellmacher & Kessel ( i've sold some items of theirs, always sell well ) until about 1910, so your vase is later.

Haven't sold any with this mark but if in excellent condition, i'd say £250-350 auction estimate but obviously higher for insurance.

KRB2014

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:40:20 am »
Amphora Work Reissner is the factory. Based in the Teplitz area of what is now the Czech Republic but is often referred to as Bohemia. ( you'll often see " Turn-Teplitz Bohemia " on some porcelain )

The factory was known as Reissner, Stellmacher & Kessel ( i've sold some items of theirs, always sell well ) until about 1910, so your vase is later.

Haven't sold any with this mark but if in excellent condition, i'd say £250-350 auction estimate but obviously higher for insurance.

Wow :D thank you so much! :D ive been trying to find something on it for ages haha :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 01:19:00 pm »
One tip,, instead of looking for the same item in your searches always go to the company/factory mark !!  Different style vase does not always mean different value !! If you can find a similar vase with the same mark it would be a similar value !! Maybe a few dollars difference but usually not much !!