Author Topic: The Lebus Desk  (Read 2534 times)

Barn

• View Profile
The Lebus Desk
« on: April 23, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
I have a roll top desk, It appears to be mahogany.  About 54" wide, 38" high, and 27" deep.  The low height is due to flat, rather than sloped tambour roll top.  Three drawers pedestals on each side of the knee hole, with a two handled center drawer.  The brass keyhole cover on the front end of the roll top has the words "The Lebus Desk" arranged around the keyhole.  The brass plate around the spring lock has the letters "H-L L" on one side of the lock, and number "1" on the other side.  The top locks, and I have the key.  I assume the "H-L" refers to "Harris-Lebus", the British furniture manufacturer.  I haven't found anything on the desk that clearly indicates its age.

It is in pretty good condition, but needs a bit of work to repair the interors of some of the drawers.  I'd like to know a range of value for the desk, depending on condition, so I can determine how much money or effort to put into it, and whether to keep it or sell it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Barn

Guest_D&B ANTIQUES

The Lebus Desk
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:55:16 am »
barn there selling in the $750.00 dollar range,in very good condition. I would try to avoid any extra expense.