Author Topic: my recent chinese antique purchase on ebay  (Read 1754 times)

daxu

• View Profile
my recent chinese antique purchase on ebay
« on: March 16, 2014, 01:36:01 am »
seems I am getting better in identifying chinese staff (at least my friends think)

mart

• View Profile
Re: my recent chinese antique purchase on ebay
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 08:52:50 am »
Don`t know what they are but nice finds !!

Ipcress

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 12:32:03 pm »
Nice vase - top
Bowl looked cracked
Tea cup needs to be part of a set

but all nice original stuff

daxu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 03:12:07 pm »
First vase End of imperial period.
Second vase republic period or end of imperial period.
Third dragon bowl, yong zheng period.
fourth tea cup, qian long period.

None of them are in a set or pair, and I think it won't be something I can afford if they were anyway.

Mat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 03:43:52 am »
Hi Daxu,
like your finds too! I agree with yor dating of the first two, the dragon bowl I just don't know for sure, however it is certainly hase some age. Why do you think the cup is Qianlong? The decoration seems to me to be in the "Rose Medaillon" pattern, and if there is no red "CHINA" mark on the bottom, it  likely dates to the second half of the 19th century, before 1890, when they started putting that stamp on the bottom of pieces for export to the U.S. 
Regards, Mat

daxu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 04:28:13 am »
Hi Mat,

For the bowl, it is more to do with the way it draws. For this kind of dragon bowl, we call it "Guo Qiang Long", which means the dragon's body is over both sides. For this style, it is mainly from "KangXi, YongZheng or QianLong". The drawing style is more fit for a YongZheng style.

There is a fake one we are discussing in a chinese forum (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2926900995), you may not be able to read the text, but you can see the photos.

For the tea cup, the seller bought from an auction and the auctioneer was selling it as a QianLong period. For me, it is arguable if it is QiangLong Period or bit later. However, judging by the colour and style, it certainly can be from that period and it also matches with some other items I saw from other sources.

Ipcress

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 05:01:34 am »
Hi Mat,

For the bowl, it is more to do with the way it draws. For this kind of dragon bowl, we call it "Guo Qiang Long", which means the dragon's body is over both sides. For this style, it is mainly from "KangXi, YongZheng or QianLong". The drawing style is more fit for a YongZheng style.

There is a fake one we are discussing in a chinese forum (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2926900995), you may not be able to read the text, but you can see the photos.

For the tea cup, the seller bought from an auction and the auctioneer was selling it as a QianLong period. For me, it is arguable if it is QiangLong Period or bit later. However, judging by the colour and style, it certainly can be from that period and it also matches with some other items I saw from other sources.

That fake is awful

I don't think the cup is Qianlong, though.

daxu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 05:23:07 am »
It may or may not be that old. I am going back to China this Summer and see if I can sell it as a QianLong item there.

The bottom line is I paid 14£ for the tea cup, the cup is in perfect condition, and it certainly has much better quality than the ones I bought from IKEA (may not be microwave safe though).  ;D