Author Topic: Found envelopes of money in a shred pile today.  (Read 2176 times)

icedgold10

• View Profile
Found envelopes of money in a shred pile today.
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:06:24 pm »
My antique picking experience came in handy today.  I was at work and went up to see the progress on some old paper work we wanted to get rid of.  I had sent 3 different people up to get it ready for the shred company to get.  Not one had completed the task and turns out the last one did the opposite of what I had asked.  She took the papers out of the small boxes and put them into this huge box. Which we couldn't get downstairs.  So I decided I would just have to do it myself.  I started pulling papers out to put in the boxes and I reached in and pulled out an envelope of money.  I reached in a few more times and pulled out another envelope stuffed with money.  I brought it down to the GM and dropped it on his desk.  He asked where did that come from?  I said the shred pile.  His jawed hung open.  I went back up and then a little later he came up and started sifting through it too.  I reach in and pull out more money.  He looks at me and says, how come I reach in and come out with junk, you reach in and pull out money?  I said picking experience and laughed.  Can't believe we almost shredded all the money.  lol  Fun day! ;D

mart

• View Profile
Re: Found envelopes of money in a shred pile today.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:17:20 pm »
Hope you got a raise out of that one !! Or at least a nice dinner !!

cmlindb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »
The worst part about it is if you never found it that money would have never been spent again... Just like picking... so much good stuff gets junked if people like everyone on this site were not looking.
Check this out... Probably at least 200 years old based on the amount of garbage that was in the dumpster around it.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:21:25 am »
Wow!  Great day for you...greater day for your company in that they have the money and a treasure of an employee!!!!  Just hope they realize it!!!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:00:11 am »
A "picker" friend and flea marketeer would buy boxes of old books.

1st because they were "dirt" cheap ...... and 2ndly because he would "flip" thru the pages of every one of them looking for money. And he found quite a bit over the years. 

sugarcube5419

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 09:06:49 am »
HONEST TOO    KARMA POINT FOR YOU

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 11:24:59 am »
Nice score there , icedgold10 !

Like others said , just goes to show 'There's money in that old junk !' !
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

icedgold10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 07:28:37 pm »
Wow!  Great day for you...greater day for your company in that they have the money and a treasure of an employee!!!!  Just hope they realize it!!!  :)

I'm actually very lucky that they are a great company to work for.  Very family orientated.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 08:14:35 pm »
So good to hear!!!  Nice to hear of companies that people like working for and companies that like taking care of the people working for them!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 06:24:16 pm »
Sounds like a fun day! :)
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."