Author Topic: Antique 1929 Stromburg- Carlson radio  (Read 1965 times)

Malface27

• View Profile
Antique 1929 Stromburg- Carlson radio
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »
I have a really old radio, it still works, and plays a few radio stations. It's a 1929 series 638 Stromburg- Carlson radio. The lattice work on the back is a bit frayed around the edges. Mahogany cabinet in very good condition.

I'm not sure what to price it as, if any of you have any idea, please reply.

**UPDATE**
It's walnut, not mahogany.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:57:45 pm by Malface27 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Antique 1929 Stromburg- Carlson radio
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 09:17:06 pm »
Can you please post some pictures?  Condition matters!

By-the-way...welcome to the forum!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 03:25:03 am »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 10:59:19 am »
I would recommend that you contact a couple of antique radio forums to get more information.
http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=94047&view=next

http://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_forum_folder.cfm?folder_id=1

Cogar, I applaud you.  There wasn't anything showing up on the original post  just a blank area.  I am amazed that you saw anything there and then was able to correct "nothing"!  :)  Thanks a billion!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Malface27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:06:53 pm »
Okay thanks, I think it'll go for a pretty decent price, I found a few old ads for it, and in the 30's it went for around $400.

Ipcress

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 01:32:16 pm »
But more recently it's worth about $80-120

This type of item has seen a resurgence in recent years in the UK but obviously in the US this is not a great manufacturer.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 02:10:55 am »

Cogar, I applaud you.  There wasn't anything showing up on the original post  just a blank area.  I am amazed that you saw anything there and then was able to correct "nothing"!  :)  Thanks a billion!

Why thank you, KC, ...... but it was just a "trick" that will work on forums like this one that has a "Quote" button for copying the author's post into your "new" post in reply to it.

Whenever you see a little square box with a red "X" in it .... that signifies that there was a "potential" internet link address included in the author's post but the program in your PC either detected a "problem" with it ..... or .... it is a link to an image or photo and the program, for whatever reason, didn't display it.

In the case of Malface27's above post, ... all I did was "click" the quote tab .... and "bingo", there was the internet "url" link address he had posted .... but he had "marked" it as being an "img" link which denotes a photo.  

Go to the 1st Post and click the "quote" tab to see what I mean, ..... then click the "back" arrow and go to my post and click the "quote" tab and you will see that all I did was change the leading img to a url ..... and the trailing /img to a /url.

Or .... just click "quote" on this post to see why the box to the lower left appears on this post.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:38:11 am by cogar »

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »
Well, I`ll be darned !! Who would have thunk it ???