Author Topic: Antique Armenian Copper Plates - Translation of Writing needed.  (Read 1157 times)

Mullen Coins

• View Profile
Here are photos of a couple of the 5 Armenian copper plates I have and I'm trying to understand the writing on two of the plates and value of these plates as well.   Any help appreciated.  The smallest is just under 9" in diameter and has the writing shown in the first photo.. that same plate is photo two.  The others range in diameter from 10" to 15" - The third photo is a 10" plate.  The last image image with writing is from the largest 15" plate.   Thanks for any help.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Antique Armenian Copper Plates - Translation of Writing needed.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »
No clue !! If Ipcress pops in he may help with it !!

Mullen Coins

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:20:44 am »
Anybody?  Or suggestions on where to go to find out more?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:34 am »
You might want to research antique copper charger plate".  Think you will find more.

You can also try and use this English Armenian translator to try and translate the inscription.  It contains lots of common words phrases as well.  Just take a little time with it and you can find alot of information there.
http://www.lexicool.com/armenian-dictionary-translation.asp
http://en.glosbe.com/hy/en/

Unless you know the origin/maker they sell anywhere from $19 (small sizes) to $130 for the larger ones.  I have seen the 15" average for $39 to $49 and 19" $89.

Here is one similar to yours that someone is "stating" to be from the 17th Century for $65 or best offer on ebay

I would hope that if an item was truly that old that it was sold in some specialized market and going for a higher price.  Where?  I really don't know.  Where I am there unfortunately isn't a large demand for these.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:50:00 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!