Author Topic: The Value of a Sticker?  (Read 1686 times)

Dogaman

• View Profile
The Value of a Sticker?
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:12:46 pm »
Greetings,

Okay, now that I've got your attention  ;D

In our glass hunts, hubby and I found a Portieux Vallerysthal Amber Box with Squirrel Lid (last pic). Today, we found a Portieux Vallerysthal Blue “Argonaut Shell” Sugar pictured below. While researching it, I discovered that Westmoreland had purchased the molds and reproduced this item with their maker mark "WG". I have looked all over the one we bought and it doesn't have a maker mark, but it does have the "PV France" sticker.  Does that mean this is the real thing?  Call me skeptical.

Thanks in advance, as always, for your input.

mart

• View Profile
Re: The Value of a Sticker?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »
Very nice buys !! I wouldn`t see any reason to think it was Westmoreland rather than PV France !! However,, other companies when buying molds from another have occasionally produced some pieces with the former name !! Most often on these there are duplicate marks !!
Personally I love to see these stickers on things,, !! Its impossible to tamper with them without you knowing it !!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:25:22 pm by mart »

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 08:40:08 pm »
mart,

Thanks for the reassurance. I love them! And I am loathing putting them up for sale. But, then again, I can't keep everything-giggle!

Right now, I am in the process of taking pics of everything and exporting them to a tablet....my very own traveling store catalog! Plus starting to put together an Ebay page.  Not all that easy when you work 8 hrs a day, too...sigh.

Oh well, that's what I get for getting the 'fever'.

Hope all is well with you!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 08:51:00 pm »
All is well here !! Garden is finally winding down,,at least the most demanding part is !!  Sounds like you have a small business starting !! You have been finding some nice things from what you have posted here,, hope it goes well for you !! Send us a link when its up and running !!  Would like to see the whole store !!  Window shopping on the computer !! LOL

Dogaman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 08:38:34 am »
mart,

You pegged it. I have to take pics of everything...a very daunting task, for sure. But I will keep y'all posted.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:28:46 am »
Excellent !!  Will be looking for it !!