Author Topic: need help please!  (Read 1536 times)

candib

• View Profile
need help please!
« on: August 22, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »
I've been cleaning out my in laws home and they have many generations of things upstairs I found a (not sure what to call it) looks like a brass picture frame with a red velvet backing with a clock in the center and 2 candle stick lights one on each side of the clock. Is this something that could possibly be worth something or just something else to add to the trash pile? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:36:14 am by candib »

cogar

• View Profile
Re: need help please!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 04:06:55 am »
and they have many generations of things upstairs

Then you don't throw anything out.

You would be surprised at the number of people that throw the "good" stuff in the trash ...... and keep the worthless thinking it is valuable.

But you gotta post pictures, dimensions and anything else that you can observe about your item in question ...... before any of the members of this forum can offer their learned opinion of it.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 04:42:28 am »
Good morning, Cogar !!   Yes please, we need to see it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 06:52:32 am »
TOTALLY AGREE WITH COGAR!!!  DON"T THROW ANYTHING OUT!

I literally found out years ago there are many things I think are ugly junk and they are VALUABLE!!!  So many people over time thought the same and it only makes the ones that survive increase in price! 

We look forward to seeing your treasures!  Scan the room slowly with pictures if you need to and then we can ask for close ups of any to help you out!  BUT PLEASE FIND OUT!!!!

Think...generations took the time to save them....help preserve some (if not all) family heirlooms!  :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

candib

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 08:48:29 am »
I posted a picture on my original post.  It's about 3ft long and 1 1/2-2 ft tall

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:59 am »
I have seen similar items like this from the 50`s !! Were usually used in dining rooms at least the most of ones I saw were !! If it is brass its not a heavy grade and many were colored pressed tin with brass coloring !! They were the mood lighting of the day !!  That said however,, there is a good collector/decorator base for retro/50`s items !! So not trash at all !!

candib

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
Thank you Mart, I appreciate the info! :-)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 08:19:47 pm »
Forgot to say that those two metal things below the sconces would have had artificial flowers !!