Author Topic: Pairpoint lamp  (Read 1602 times)

mathman

• View Profile
Pairpoint lamp
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:37:31 pm »
Lamp shade has signature "C. Durand". (attached pix)

What is lamp worth?
How many?

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Pairpoint lamp
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:49:30 pm »
Believe it or not this is a Pairpoint Dolphin Trio Lamp!  The signature helps it's value tremendously.  On a scale of 1 - 10 what would you say the condition of it is with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent!  These are collectible...but the market is a little sluggish right now.

Here's the results of an auction back in 2012 which got a HIGH bid http://www.johnmoran.com/index.php/auction-archive/2012/20121113?start=192

There was one that just ended on EBay trying to sell for $3,500 but didn't sell.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mathman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 07:37:03 pm »
Believe it or not this is a Pairpoint Dolphin Trio Lamp!  The signature helps it's value tremendously.  On a scale of 1 - 10 what would you say the condition of it is with 1 being poor and 10 being excellent!  These are collectible...but the market is a little sluggish right now.

Here's the results of an auction back in 2012 which got a HIGH bid http://www.johnmoran.com/index.php/auction-archive/2012/20121113?start=192

There was one that just ended on EBay trying to sell for $3,500 but didn't sell.

Shade has slight chip on bottom.  It seems universal?  I would say 8 or 9 for condition.  Attached is the latest sale that I am aware of (EBay).

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:26:53 pm »
It's not uncommon to see a small chip due to the delicate nature of the piece.  As long as the chip isn't readily visible and doesn't appear to result in cracking I would say that the piece should sell for about the same amount.  If it was pristine...much more.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mathman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »
The only way to detect the chip is to run your finger over the bottom edge of the shade.  It is otherwise unnoticable.

One question that I am curious about.  Any idea how many were made and how many are still around?

Another peculiarity - the other lamps described mentioned "Pairpoint" being on the base, and. in the recent ebay sale, also on the shade.  I haven't found either.  However my lamp base and shade are otherwise identical, including "C Durand" signature.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »
In that case you should match the signature with known examples !!  These have been copied !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
TOTALLY AGREE WITH MART.  It should have Pairpoint on it if an original.  Need to authenticate the original.