Author Topic: Bed crown: Reproduction or antique?  (Read 4153 times)

walktalk

Re: Bed crown: Reproduction or antique?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »
Thanks, yes... I'll definitely do that. I'm in the middle of moving right now, but once I get settled, I'll see if there's a local expert that can help.

I really appreciate all the info and suggestions from this forum. You guys are great! :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2014, 05:02:32 pm »
There are no holes anywhere for hanging this crown is there ?? 

walktalk

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2014, 09:06:26 am »
Mart, do you mean through the top knob? No, none, but KC's idea might explain why not.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2014, 09:24:02 am »
Went back and looked at the underside pics again !!  KC,, may have it correct !!  The type I am talking about would not be made like that,,it would have been solid wood with the same size throughout !! This one has a secondary level which would not fit the decorative top !!  Should have waited for pics first,, but dial up is a pain in the posterior !!

walktalk

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 10:40:21 pm »
Dialup! Ugh! Poor thing.  :'(

Yes, I think you and KC are both right. I'm still waiting to be able to show it to a local expert. No transportation, but soon, I hope. Thanks again for all your help!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
Don`t forget to come back and let us know what their opinion is !!  There are so many of these things that its all a guessing game !!  There were no hard and fast rules which makes it difficult trying to figure them out !!  Still think its Italian !!  :D