Author Topic: 1915 Bank Sign  (Read 4190 times)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: 1915 Bank Sign
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:45 pm »
That's the correct address.  Just heard back from the museum.  The museum had about the same info. I asked her a couple of more questions, such as, importance and if the only value was the bronze. I know the history value but importance as hit the lottery for a couple of bucks,  ;D I'm sure it's depositors would like some money back! They should have checked about the FDIC. Now a very trendy area. Everything is being bought up and redone.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 11:50:51 am »
Might be fun to check out the building for old mounting marks/filled holes where your sign plaque was mounted (usually right @ the front doors , or on the corner of the building) & take a pic of it & the building together ?

I spent some time working in the banking industry , and found it a common practice for banks to cover old mounting spaces (for such plaques) on buildings with larger bronze plaques (go figure ... it's the depositors cash that funds such "items") !

:D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:37:53 pm by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »
I should drive down and get some photos before it's totally rehabbed. Absolutely true about the bank. How many bad loans were given out,or that went bad especially in the 90's.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."