Author Topic: Gambling/Cards Globe  (Read 1241 times)

wilhenri

• View Profile
Gambling/Cards Globe
« on: January 11, 2015, 09:33:06 am »
Something to do with selecting the card suit for a game I am guessing made from copper and brass and possibly plastic. Not a high value I doubt but I know nothing about cards or gambling. I once lost 2 dollar coins in a one arm bandit on a holiday to Las Vegas and a young man that cured me for life....Especially as I had travelled all the way from England to make my fortune
Live as if you are to die tomorrow and learn as if you are to live forever
Mahatma Gandhi

Pelady

• View Profile
Re: Gambling/Cards Globe
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 10:19:35 am »
Hi Wilhenry,

I love all the tiny things you have been showing us. We played many hours of cards in my house. Wished I could find somebody who still enjoyed playing.  Most people that play seem to use online games. 

I am not sure but I think this could have been for either the card games "Bridge or Whist".  It would have been used a personal device set on the card table to remember what the "Trump Card" is for the hand.  The trump card or suit is a designated suit that has a higher rating and thus beats all the other suits.

PeLady
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

wilhenri

• View Profile
Re: Gambling/Cards Globe
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »
You are welcome some things I know about others I don't its god to see other things and learn more bit tomorrow when the light is good enough for photographs 
Live as if you are to die tomorrow and learn as if you are to live forever
Mahatma Gandhi