Author Topic: Value of my antique dresser  (Read 1814 times)

windywoo

• View Profile
Value of my antique dresser
« on: January 11, 2015, 01:00:16 pm »
Five drawer dresser made in Indiana USA.  Mahogany wood with walnut wood used to accent.  One of the original makers is Wertz Klamet Co.  There is some cosmetic damage but still in excellent condition.  I have tried researching but can't find any similar pieces.  Please help! If anyone could give me more information or possible value I would greatly appreciate it.

mart

• View Profile
Re: Value of my antique dresser
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »
Hi there and welcome to the forum !!
Your dresser is late 20`s or 30`s has elements of both the Nouveau style and Deco !!  Sadly many of these are undervalued !! In todays market yours would likely bring around $200. give or take a few dollars if in good condition !!  Very pretty though !!

Elekland

• View Profile
Re: Value of my antique dresser
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 07:56:57 am »
The value of a antique dresser depends heavily on the quality. A well restored table will be worth hundreds, even thousands while someone might consider it junk. There is some disagreement on what type of wood can make a good table, but most agree that white oak is one of the best.  While some antique dressers are so expensive because they have rare features, others were more common and were crafted for utilitarian purposes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 12:25:52 am by KC »