Author Topic: curious of what i have  (Read 1982 times)

bigjas

• View Profile
curious of what i have
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:32:06 pm »
G'day I'm new to this. I found this old case amongst my grandfathers things and I'm hoping to find out what it is and where it may be from. (Hoping the picture has worked)

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Jason

mart

• View Profile
Re: curious of what i have
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 08:40:14 pm »
Hi there Jason and welcome to the group !!  May I ask how big these are ?? Is anything marked on the back or the sole of the foot that might ID them ??  They look like possibly lead soldiers !!

bigjas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:38:12 pm »
G'day cheers, they would be about three inches tall not sure about the marking because they in a sealed case. They are at my parents house next time I'm there I'll see if I can get into it without damaging it.  In the 3 soldiers standing upright there is a small hole under their left armpit.  They look old but my grandpa used to keep some odd stuff :)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 01:52:39 am »
When I enlarged the picture it appears as if there is writing in the form of  "seals" on the "clear" covering...can you please tell us what it says?  Is it a plastic cover?

I would have normally thought it could be a shadow box...but the guy on the left appears to be a rider to fit on the horse?!

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:23:24 am »
I thought that was a reflection of something laying close to the box !!  Maybe not !!  Your eyes are better than mine KC !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:02:09 pm »
LOL...Mart I probably just have stronger trifocals!  :)

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 12:10:54 pm »
 ;D  Either that or I need to go back to the dollar store for stronger cheaters !!

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 12:50:52 pm »
I just got real reading glasses, like from a prescription. There is a difference believe it or not. I had the good cheaters from Walmart too.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 01:00:37 pm »
I have Rx glasses,, cant see with the bi-focal part !!  It is too low on the lens !!Only way I can use them is to put nose in the air and eyes down,, either that or shove them so far up that they hurt !!  Cheaters are much better with larger viewing area !!