Author Topic: Georgian China 22kt. Gold Dogwood Value?  (Read 2679 times)

SadieK

• View Profile
Georgian China 22kt. Gold Dogwood Value?
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:08:11 pm »
Hi there,

I have a collection of Georgian China 22kt. Gold Dogwood, consisting of plates, dessert/pie plates, bowls, fruit bowls, teacups, saucers, etc. Essentially a whole set. Still in great shape. I'm just looking for the value of said objects as I am unsure and cannot find too much information online aside from the following:

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/GRGDOG.htm
Item#: 251700
Manufacturer Status: Discontinued
Pattern: Dogwood by Georgian China [GRGDOG]
Description: Gold Filigree, White Flowers, Smooth

They were my great grandmother's collection and they were passed down.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Georgian China 22kt. Gold Dogwood Value?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=georgian+china+22kt+gold+dogwood

These are all part of Homer Laughlins Georgian China line !! From early 50`s !!  My mothers china was also a dogwood pattern but different company,,!!  She got hers as a premium with the purchase of a dining set !!  How did your great grandmother get hers ??  Many furniture stores gave china sets as premiums with furniture purchase in the 50`s !!

SadieK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 05:03:49 pm »
Early 50s, wow! I'm not entirely sure how she acquired the set; perhaps through a purchase as you said? But I can only speculate. I asked my parents if they had an idea, and they are unsure as well.

Do have an idea of value on these items?

Thanks again! :D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 06:07:01 pm »
The pics are all ebay and etsy listings !!  But realistically they may be overpriced !!  Asking prices usually are !!  Homer Laughlin made a lot of dinnerware and most patterns are easy to find so you have to look at the popularity of certain patterns !!  I would look on ebay and see what the average selling price is for a similar pattern to get an accurate value !! Not the asking price,,just sales !! My opinion would be the plates at around $6. to $8. !!  Serving pieces you need to check individually !!  Of course you never know with the buying public,, one day things don`t sell well at all and the next day,, it sells like crazy !!

SadieK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 06:19:30 pm »
I've been having a look on ebay, as well as a variety of other websites and i'm having a hard time pinpointing the exact pattern. There's plenty of "eggshell" dogwood and dogwood with gold trim, but not with the gold pattern!  :o

SadieK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 06:50:48 pm »
I also noticed the back emblem of the similar items on the internet have a "USA Origin" written there, and the set I have do not. Possible knock off?