Author Topic: any info on small wooden box  (Read 1026 times)

sethsloth

• View Profile
any info on small wooden box
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:51:06 am »
hi i have this small wooden jewellery box i got from my grandmother. i think it is made from meranti. wondering what style or any info that anyone may have on it please.

mart

• View Profile
Re: any info on small wooden box
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:22:32 am »
From the style it looks like a mid century jewelry box,, about 1960 or so !!  What does the inside look like ??

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 12:16:47 pm »
Can you please post a picture of the inside?  Small has lots of meaning to many.  Can you please list the dimensions?

Does look like it could be...however, they made spice boxes that looked the same.  The inside could reveal more.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

sethsloth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:37:02 pm »
I was told that it was a jewellery box. but that could be wrong. the dimensions of the box itself excluding the height of the feet are, length 17.5 cm, width 12.5 cm and height 8 cm. the height measurement includes the lid and the base and the length and width measurement does not include the lip if the lid and base which would make it an extra 1 centimetre on each. the inside has no detail but i posted a picture anyway. thanks for your help.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:30:35 pm »
Look at the "wear" and "markings" inside the box.  Can you get any clues what it has been used for in the past?

Almost has a French flair to it.

Most jewelry doesn't leave stains/marks.  Was it used as a writing box?  Sewing supply?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!