Author Topic: what do I have here?  (Read 2225 times)

bobby769

• View Profile
what do I have here?
« on: April 23, 2015, 05:50:11 pm »
My wife's grandmother left her this set of dinnerware and all I can find about it online are 2 maybe 3 links.

Any help I can get would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

mart

• View Profile
Re: what do I have here?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 07:08:47 pm »
What does it say on the back ?? Pic is too big for me to enlarge !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:12:25 pm »
To find insurable values you can contact Replacements LTD for further information:

The maker is Westbrook, Pattern is Roxanne #1063

http://www.replacements.com/webquote/WBRROX.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bobby769

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:48 pm »
Replacements only has one item
I have a 16 serving dinner set.

I'm also interested in any history about the dinnerware.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:16 am »
So you have a 4 place set ??  Is it stoneware or china ??  Looks like stoneware !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 12:57:54 pm »
Bobby769 contact them and request values for each item/piece you have/want for you to add to your set when they come available.  They will then give you values if they have them and keep you on a list to be notified when pattern pieces are available and let you know the value at that time.

As for history, I haven't found solid information on Westbrook.  The style of dishes and patterns reflect the late 1930's to 1950's.  Items marked "Japan" "Made in Japan" were required by US Customs prior to the WWII (1921 - 1941) and after the war.  (NOTE:  Japanese imports were embargoed during the war.)

Are any of the back sides of your items marked differently?  You have 16 place settings? (plate, salad plate, dessert plate, soup bowl, coffee cups/saucers, serving pieces) or 16 pieces?

Hopefully someone else will chime in!  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:02:34 pm by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

bobby769

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:46:44 pm »
All the pieces have the same markings as my original post.
It's 16 dinner plates, 16 desert plates, 16 bowls, 16 tea cups, etc...

Also has a sugar bowl, and other pieces. Apparently, the only things that are missing are the salt and pepper shaker.

Antiques really aren't something I know much about or something I've had any interest in, but to me it seems like we might have something significant.
Only reason I'm saying that is because there seems to be little to no info on this out there.
For all I know that's standard fare for something like this, but, i guess that's why I'm here  :-\

Is Westbrook the Manufacturer?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:49:05 pm by bobby769 »

bobby769

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 04:53:33 pm »
So you have a 4 place set ??  Is it stoneware or china ??  Looks like stoneware !!

I really have no idea what it's made of.
It says Fine Translucent China so I held it up to the light and it does seem to have some degree of translucency.
The silver ring is surprisingly bright and isn't tarnished so that makes me think  in any other way.it's not real silver and maybe the whole set isn't of high quality or anything significant in any other way.