Author Topic: Brass pitcher with a "skin condition"?  (Read 4294 times)

mart

• View Profile
Re: Brass pitcher with a "skin condition"?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 07:48:25 pm »
And we are still here aren`t we Fancypants ??  In spite of all we did when we were kids !!

fancypants

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 08:26:27 pm »
Lets not forget walking on creosote-soaked lumber along the railroad tracks in Summertime ....

Maybe we should do like they did in the oldtimey-times & find some old spackle to fill up our wrinkles , eh , mart ?

:o
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:52:49 pm by fancypants »
" Methinks me the 'mental' in sentimental .... "

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 06:23:07 am »
Now don't you all get me started on ..... government Grants, .... "junk science" .... and "fear mongering". ;D ;D

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 08:54:29 am »
Lets not forget walking on creosote-soaked lumber along the railroad tracks in Summertime ....

Maybe we should do like they did in the oldtimey-times & find some old spackle to fill up our wrinkles , eh , mart ?

:o

LOL !!  Among other things !!  Could use about a gallon of that stuff !!

Yes, I know Cogar !!   I am the same way !!  ;D  Like the redneck said when he went to the doctor for some imaginary ailment !!  He asked " Doctor,,am I going to die ??"  Reply from the doctor,, Eventually I can guarantee it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 09:23:16 am »
Ya'll are tooo much!  LOL

As for the lead content in crystal...the lead doesn't leach into the drinking liquid/foods at any high rate UNLESS you leave wine/liquor/champagne or high acid foods in it over time/hours!!!  Those items pull out lead content.  That is why you should be a swift drinker!  :)  Also why those lovely/gorgeous lead decanters for sherry, etc are NOT good to use for storage but just for serving and then re-bottling.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!