Author Topic: Need ID on this punch bowl,, I have not seen one like it !!  (Read 1247 times)

mart

• View Profile
http://www.kovels.com/forums/4-glass/9021-need-help-to-identify

This is unusual one !!  Any one seen one like it ??

frogpatch

• View Profile
    • Gary Cunnane
Re: Need ID on this punch bowl,, I have not seen one like it !!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 08:07:40 pm »
That looks very strange to me. It is like someone took a piece of European cut glass and flashed the deeper relief in the pattern. I would steer clear of it. Punch Bowls are not in favor right now and this one is likely to be less favorable. Short answer; No. Longer answer: Unless you love it and want to pass it on to your grand children, I would not buy it. It has no desirability in my opinion.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 08:19:52 pm »
Totally Agree!  This looks surface painted/treated.  Someone wanted to update a punch bowl to make it more useable!  :)

If they like it - get it.  If not and thinking it is rare - well it is rare - but not because it was a high collectible item!  :) 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:59 am »
They do not want to buy it !!  They have had it a while and just want to know what it is !!  They said there was no flaking on the surface  like a flashed glass might have !!  Looks rather neat to be a home job !!  Does anyone recognize the pattern without the colors ??