Author Topic: Metal plate of some kind? I don't know where to begin.  (Read 7314 times)

xmelax38

• View Profile
Re: Metal plate of some kind? I don't know where to begin.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 05:25:27 pm »
So true! There are a lot of things he has in a closet that he's not willing to let go of. I told him if he doesn't want to let go, sit them out to enjoy at least, ha ha. They just collect dust. :( He finally brought a few things up to the living room to enjoy. Here is one that I like a lot!! I just noticed the photos came out sideways, ha ha.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 05:31:26 pm by xmelax38 »
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2015, 05:30:11 pm »
Side and other front view of the item he finally brought upstairs that I love. Plus he brought up a few pieces of his Erickson Glass Collection. I didn't post those pics.
I love auctions/antique stores! I love old photos & books. This is the best group on the internet. :) I try to get on often, but I've had 2 brain surgeries & a back surgery. The pain is awful so I don't get on as often as I would like. It doesn't take away my love of old stuff.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2015, 07:34:58 pm »
Darn lady !!  I want to come to your next garage sale !!  That is a beauty !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 09:17:32 pm »
Mart, ROAD TRIP if they do!!! :)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 07:38:59 am »
Oh Yes !!!

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 09:27:07 am »
Ha ha. He loves this cash register, although when people come over, he told me that well everything is for sale, lol. I said well sure it is. There are some things I could never pry out of his hands. Some I could.  We are over crowded with items and I hope he gets rid of some soon, esp with all of the new buying of antiques and vintage items he has been buying lately. I am afraid of becoming like hoarders one day, ha ha. Oh I love antiques, but his obsession is worse than mine.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 02:10:37 pm »
Well,, at least the things he hoards are worth money !!  My hubby is just the opposite,, if he doesn`t use it,, toss it in the trash !!  I can never find anything to fix stuff with !!  Drives me nuts !!  I hate having to go to town to buy screws, nuts and bolts to repair things !!  But when it comes to his guns or tractors,, thats a different story !!  LOL

xmelax38

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 11:36:59 pm »
I had to bring up my old thread, because I had to tell you something. I am kind of shocked. Remember how I basically said my husband told me I'd never pry the brass cash register (pic above) out of his hands? Well looks like he had a change of mind and we are going to list it local here on a selling group for our city. I know that these can sell on the high end of up to $1200 to $1300 but do you think it would be too much if we sell at $600 or $700? Its fully functioning. We are hoping to sell by the end of the weekend on there. The pics are still above.  :)

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 07:31:59 am »
Seems like a fair price. Try it!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »
Fair price indeed but I would list it at $900. and then deal on it !!  You know everyone will try to get the price down !!  You can then knock off $100. and still come out at your price !!  Its worth it !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 06:16:21 pm »
I would list higher and bargain down!  Can't believe that he is selling!  Everything okay?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!