Author Topic: Would be grateful for information about this piece of furniture i wish to sell  (Read 1280 times)

Cathy63

• View Profile
Hi,
I would be grateful if you would give me any information about the piece of furniture shown in the photographs.  I would like to find out what it is called, how old it may be and how much its approx value is likely to be. It is in very good condition.

With many thanks,  Cathy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:12:19 am by Cathy63 »

mart

• View Profile
Can you take a pic of the front looking straight on ??  Also open one of the drawers slightly and take a pic of the dovetail joints on the side !!  That will help determine age !!  Looks like a Queen Anne vanity dresser for a ladies boudoir !!  Is this a family piece or did you purchase it,,any history is helpful !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Looks like a well-executed folk art workshop project. I believe that it's made of walnut and that it's supposed to look much older than it actually is.

Romanticized Neo-Victorian. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that it was made in the 1990s. Estimated value $200-$300.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:49:53 pm by ghopper1924 »
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Is it possible to post a picture of the back side of the piece?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!