Author Topic: Vintage Hamilton Watch Oddity  (Read 1523 times)

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
Vintage Hamilton Watch Oddity
« on: September 15, 2015, 11:02:53 pm »
Hello Everyone!  I picked up this Hamilton watch housing assembly and I can't seem to find any info on it.  I was thinking military because of Hamilton's history in producing military watches and the heavy duty steel case it's in but a frien of mine said no.  Any help would be great.  Thank you!

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Hamilton Watch Oddity
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:04:00 pm »
More pics

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 11:53:36 pm »
Can you please list the dimensions of the whole piece and then of the watch face?  Thanks!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Ipcress

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 12:53:33 am »
Hi

Well EG&G were a WWII contractor and also involved with the Manhattan Project and nuclear tests.

Fortunately this is well labelled - has all the part and serial numbers - so i would contact Hamilton themselves. They should have records which tell you exactly where this was used.

Looks like it attached to something portable. I don't see the military arrow so maybe it was more 1950s than 1940s ?

Someone over at nawcc.org will probably recognise that 39360 prefix.

* edit - Ha !!! After a quicky google it seems to be quite rare indeed ! Read this thread :

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?91857-I-have-never-seen-a-military-timepiece-like-this-Hamilton!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 01:08:56 am by Ipcress »

Vwdoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:43:27 am »
It is 3 1/2" x 1 3:4" with a 1" face.  Great feed Ipcress.  It looks like no one knows for sure yet.  I wasn't able to connect to any of the links in the feed. 

Ipcress

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 11:15:31 am »
If you read the discussion in the link, they think it's a periscope timer, like the one seen here

http://s17.photobucket.com/user/milorgman/media/Time/HamiltonModel23advertpage.jpg.html