Author Topic: Glass w/ Balled-Base  (Read 2292 times)

valhom

• View Profile
Glass w/ Balled-Base
« on: December 13, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »
Measures approx. 7" tall. Anyone know the maker of this glass? I have a few of these. And was wanting to know more about them and their worth? Thank you!

mart

• View Profile
Re: Glass w/ Balled-Base
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:56:08 pm »
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Imperial+candlewick+parfait+glasses

I think these are part of Imperials Candlewick line !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 05:22:20 pm »
Yep Mart!  This is one I actually know as my mother collected it for awhile. Her collection started with a 3 piece center piece set given to her by her grandmother.  I love this glass!
I should have been born in another era!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 05:50:07 pm »
I would not have known except my daughter found a couple of the fan vases and I looked it up for her !!  Candlewick was a type of glass that Imperial made that was so clear and pure that cut glass producers bought it by the tons !!  Imperial made the pieces and then they cut those beautiful patterns !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 06:51:29 pm »
Anchor Hocking made one like it called Boppie glass.  Here is a link showing you how to tell the difference.  Its not hard to tell!
http://bargainhuntingandtreasureseeking.blogspot.com/2010/02/is-it-boopie-or-candlewick.html?m=1

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 07:36:43 pm »
Glad you posted that link !!  Not so much for the Boopie Glass but at the bottom of the page there is a little snack tray that I have looked for the pattern but didn`t have a clue till now !! I screwed up when I found these for sale,,a set of 4 at less than $10. but for some stupid reason, I only bought one !!  Can`t remember what was going through my feeble brain at that time !!  Any way I had no clue till you posted that link and didn`t even notice the cigarette holder till I read that blog !!  Thanks so much,, it was a great help !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 09:25:22 pm »
Glad I could be of some help Mart!  That makes me feel good!  I thought I was only going to be asking questions and of no help to anyone else.  Now I have to go back and look at the article again!  😁

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 04:34:59 am »
Glad I could be of some help Mart!  That makes me feel good!  I thought I was only going to be asking questions and of no help to anyone else.  Now I have to go back and look at the article again!  😁

Oh !! You would be surprised at what we learn from those that post here and each other !!  This forum is the best place I know to keep expanding our knowledge base !!
I am still kicking myself for not buying all those trays two years later !!

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 06:23:13 am »
I bet you are!  Maybe you can find more in your travels.  Maybe even at that price!  I am amazed at what people sell at their garage sales for next to nothing and then there are those that want retail!  Lol! 
I read articles that are posted in past post here all the time.  My only regret is that the old post don't have the pictures anymore.  Yet I am learning from the links of information that have been posted. 

Back to Imperial Candlewick glass....we were buying pieces for mama when we would find them at a good price until she asked us to stop.  I hated passing up the deals after that.  At the time my collections themselves were over taking us!  So I didn't buy them for myself.  They have gone down in value a lot like so much else.  They are still beautiful!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 02:56:31 pm »
Yep Candlewick.  I inherited the juice glasses (mom always used them for jello or ice cream though!), cake plates, etc.

They are always popular!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 12:45:21 am »
Don't kick yourself Mart. A karma point for the quick ID!!
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 03:27:31 pm »
LOL !!  Bless your little pea picken` heart,,Ghopper !!  But that was not one of my better purchase ideas !!