Author Topic: Vintage Chanel Earrings  (Read 2830 times)

KevinM

• View Profile
Vintage Chanel Earrings
« on: February 24, 2016, 10:52:14 am »
This is a pair of earrings that are marked Chanel that I got when I purchased a grab bag at the TS and found these in it when I got home. I *think* they might be authentic mid-century Chanel earrings but I'm not sure.

I've searched for the same earrings with the same pattern design on the internet but can't find this pair or an exact match to the stamped Chanel in the raised oval like these. If these are not authentic I'm throwing them out in the trash. Does anyone know if these are authentic Chanel earrings?

Thanks!
Kevin
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:53:58 am by KevinM »

Jlsherf

• View Profile
Re: Vintage Chanel Earrings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »
Kevin, though these certainly have the logo, is double c, I have doubts they are authentic Chanel.  Please don't take this as "gospel".  I got this info from this web site.  https://www.lollipuff.com/blog/312/dating-chanel-costume-jewelry-by-markings

You may want to check other sites for Chanel jewelry marks but I believe this one is pretty accurate.  Too bad people try to infringe on others like this but it happens all the time.  They sure would bring some cash if authentic!!!
I should have been born in another era!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:18 pm »
Thanks for the info and link Jlsherf! That was one of the sites I looked at for information and they seemed like one of the most information and graphic image packed as a resource site for this topic. That site I think did go on to mention that there could be many variations of each of the stamps and a few of the uncommon stamps they had not talked about on the site but that they had covered most of the Chanel costume jewelry marks or stamps.

I can say that the earrings do seem to be made of good quality with heavy plating and weight to them. The post are magnetic while the cc logo base metal and plating is not magnetic.

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:25:19 am »
I'm glad you read the site further!  Maybe you should take them to someone who specializes in vintage jewelry.  There are a lot of vintage jewelry forums.  I wouldn't toss them just yet!  Lol!  Like I said, Chanel jewelry is worth money and this design on the "c's" was one I couldn't find so it could be just the one a collector is looking for!  Good luck and please let us know what you find.  I am very interested as vintage jewelry is my favorite!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:05:49 am by Jlsherf »

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 11:33:22 am »
Well, I'm still looking. The site link listed below shows a jewelry piece with only the name "CHANEL" stamped in an oval similar to the oval stamp in the earrings I have but with what looks like a smaller font so I'm still not positive... but still looking...

http://veryvintage.com/pages/dating-chanel-jewellery

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

KevinM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 11:19:33 pm »
Thanks for the info KC! Although, I had already traveled through those 2 sites earlier in my searches. I can tell you though, the more I read and see about Chanel jewelry authentication the more I'm going to stay away from non-authenticated items like I do non-authenticated designer name textiles because of the replica factor.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 11:22:52 pm by KevinM »

Jlsherf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 06:17:32 am »
I agree with you Kevin!!   Too many people trying to cash in on someone else's hard work and money!  You see it with pocketbooks or purses all the time too!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 06:03:27 pm »
I agree as well!  Not worth the stress!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!