Author Topic: Vintage 3 Real Hand Carved Ivory Figures Behind Glass Plaque (Made in Spain)  (Read 2607 times)

valhom

• View Profile
Vintage 3 Real Hand Carved Ivory Figures Behind Glass Plaque Wall Hanging (Made in Spain)

On front there's red felt. The first figure and third figure down look to be women in dresses, and a man in the middle. they all appear to be dancing. On back it says "Real Ivory - hand-carved in Spain".

I tried searching on eBay for something similar, but have found nothing quite like it. I searched on Google under images, I did find a few items that were similar, but didn't feature three of figures, it was just like one solitary one. But, those have been since sold, and the listing(s) are expired and cannot see the price it went for, the worth, :-(

Anyone able to shed some light on this piece? Thank you.

Jlsherf

• View Profile
Try using the word Flamingo dancers in your search.  That is what these figures look like.  Very cool piece!  I'll try to search as well.
I should have been born in another era!

valhom

• View Profile
Try using the word Flamingo dancers in your search.  That is what these figures look like.  Very cool piece!  I'll try to search as well.

Thanks for the tip! That really helped narrow it down. I found one foreign eBay listing: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Stunning-Vintage-Spanish-3-old-faux-Ivory-HAND-CARVED-Flamenco-Dancers-Plaque-/171221547101

valhom

• View Profile

Jlsherf

• View Profile
Glad you found them!  I had something come up after I posted and never had the chance to look myself!  That's a wonderful find Valhom!
I should have been born in another era!