Author Topic: Looking for cast iron cookware information...  (Read 1159 times)

Quigi

• View Profile
Looking for cast iron cookware information...
« on: May 05, 2016, 09:41:55 am »
Hello, I'm hoping that someone here could help me with some information regarding an old enamelled cast iron skillet.  I've narrowed it being made between 1839-1860 due to the gate mark on the bottom.  It's stamped T. & C. Clark's 14 In No9 Patent Enamelled and the handle has a 13 stamped on it (I believe it's the original handle).  Other than that, I can find no other information on any other skillets from that company.  I'd like to have a general idea on it's value and if I should be taking better care of it.  The picture isn't the best as some of the blackened enamel appears to be worn away but it's all still there.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT: Sorry for posting twice, my internet glitched.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:46:46 am by Quigi »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Looking for cast iron cookware information...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:15:37 pm »
http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/Museum/metalware/Clark/ShakespeareFoundry.htm

Are you in the U.K. ??  Yes I would be taking very good care of it !!  I do not let anyone touch my well seasoned cast iron !!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:25:32 pm by mart »

Quigi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:26:02 pm »
No, Canada.  I found it at a yard sale in Calgary many moons ago.  Here's some pics of the bottom...

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 03:45:00 pm »
14 is likely the size !!  Have you measured it ??  This Mfr,,as you can read,, is one of the pioneers of enameled cast iron cookware !!  What is the handle length ??

Quigi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 04:13:52 pm »
The handle measures around 20", and yes, it is 14 across.  I can't seem to find any kind of information about this skillet or any others like it other than who made it and that it was made circa 1839-1860 (and that's only a best guess based on how it was made).  I think at some point in the companys' history they changed their stamp to T. & C. Clark & Co from just the T & C Clark's that is on my skillet.  Any ideas?