Author Topic: H.K. China 22 Karat Gold  (Read 6116 times)

Stacey65

• View Profile
H.K. China 22 Karat Gold
« on: August 23, 2005, 06:11:04 pm »
Good afternoon,

I have a complete set of H.K. China, 22 Karat gold.  My maternal grandmother bought the set in Houston, Texas at a jewelry store back in approx 1940.  I'm looking for someone who knows something about this china.  The china has detailed 22 karat gold etching on the borders of each piece and has what appears to be George and Martha Washington, dancing in the middle of each piece.  I have tried to research this china, and have not had any luck.  My grandmother told me once she had the pieces appraised and each plate was estimated at approx 37.00 each.  That would have been about 30 years ago.  I'm looking for someone who might have some information about this china.  thank you
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 06:12:05 pm by Stacey65 »

H.K. China 22 Karat Gold
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:04:52 pm »
HK - could it be Homer Laughlin?  There's lots of backstamps for this company, and that is a fairly well known pattern, made by several china companies.  

Or Hutschenreuther?  That's what replacements brings up when I run HK china -

If you look at the backstamps on several pieces, are they different?  I will gladly help you search, with a bit more info.   KB

Guest_stacey65

H.K. China 22 Karat Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 07:25:06 pm »
All of the pieces have a gold round stamp on the bottom/back that says Warranted HK China 22 Karat Gold.  A few pieces have an additional stamp that reads: RADISSSON W.S. GEORGE MADE IN USA 1778.

I know my grandmother bought these at a jewelry store in Houston, TX in the 1940's.  

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

H.K. China 22 Karat Gold
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 09:09:21 pm »
I guess my earlier reply went into that great cyberspace -

your maker is W S George, shape is Radisson - this is affordable china, and values aren't terribly high -

it shows on www.replacements.co m as pattern GEO340 which may be a replacement inventory number, tho' none was in stock the day I searched

you can google ws george dinnerware - interesting history there -

This pattern was popular and can be found by other makers- many antiques/collectibles stores use this as decor - plates do make nice wall hangings -

Price for a whole set, by WS George?  Unknown at this time.  KB