Author Topic: How to find an old post  (Read 1557 times)

kdj

• View Profile
How to find an old post
« on: July 29, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »
Hello,
I wondered how far back a person can look to find an old post. I had been working with mart I think, on a very old "sepia" looking print of a woman under an umbrella,  walking, carrying a dog, and a dog, sheep and a goat walking with her.
I had a computer crash and had to reinstall Windows. Consequently, I lost most of my old work I had done concerning art. (Still searching for it.)
Many hours went into trying to find the signature information and in the end found it. Now it is lost to me unless  I can find my old conversations in this forum!
I  hope someone can help! Thank you!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: How to find an old post
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 05:34:46 pm »
Here is an easy way to find all of your old posts:

On the left side it will show your site identity in red, in your case kdj.  Click on your initials.  It will take you to your "Profile Information".  On the left side of the page it will show: 
     "kdj Jr. Member

[Add To Buddy List]

Send PM
     Show Posts
     Show Stats"

Simply click on "Show Posts" and you can work back through all the posts you have posted or commented on.

Hope this helps!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

kdj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 07:27:29 pm »
Thank you so much!

mart

• View Profile

kdj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »
Thanks KC  ! Found it!
Hi mart! I was able to see the old posts and see the names I needed to begin research on this again.
I have no idea if there is an interest in old prints like this but I think the artists name will be that difference.
Thanks so much.

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 08:01:32 pm »
Thank you KC,

That was great info and directions on finding old posts!  I have often wondered how to find my older things quickly.
That rates a new karma point for you.

PeLady
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 02:52:39 pm »
Thanks Pelady.  I discovered that years ago when I was trying to find some old posts of mine. 

Another way is by the search feature.  In the search box at the top right of the page you can search for a "key" word in your post.  This will also bring up all posts with the same "key" word but helps narrow down the thousands.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!