Author Topic: Looking for info on 1930s-1950s metal ice cream buckets  (Read 679 times)

saomad

• View Profile
Looking for info on 1930s-1950s metal ice cream buckets
« on: October 13, 2016, 03:42:12 pm »
I unfortunately have not had the chance to view these in person yet, so I am not sure on the condition other than what can be seen in the picture. Although they’re not pictured, each container has a cover. These are 10-quart ice cream containers.
From the lettering, I believe these from the Prince Castles company. The only info I could find online was the company was out of the Chicago, Illinois area from around the 1930s to 1950s. At some point the name changed to Cock Robin. I'm not entirely clear if they were a dairy or an ice cream shop, or combination of both. I saw several places that they were known for serving square scoops of ice cream
I purchased them through an auction of a dairy bar/ice cream shop that just closed after operating 70 years in Wisconsin.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the rarity, value and/or demand for these? Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:45:55 pm by saomad »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Looking for info on 1930s-1950s metal ice cream buckets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »
They look like pretty typical storage bins from that time period !!  I remember similar ones from the fifties !!  Those are good size containers !!