Author Topic: This guy really likes his stuff !!  (Read 2188 times)

mart

• View Profile
This guy really likes his stuff !!
« on: December 04, 2016, 04:38:31 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/bryanstahl/m.html?item=150703497221&hash=item2316a0e005%3Am%3Am2eVRde0foVFBYWzKZeBKUg&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

And I mean he REALLY likes his stuff !!  I am always fascinated by the prices put on antique ( or not ) furniture !!

ghopper1924

• View Profile
Re: This guy really likes his stuff !!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 07:18:16 pm »
I imagine that he'll be the ONLY one who likes that stuff.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 08:29:43 pm »
 I can not believe he is getting those prices for that hardware,,some is from the 60`s !!   That chest is nice but he has it as original yet he re-veneered the top,, replaced all the hardware and has been totally refinished !!  I am not sure that inlay is not laser cut !!  Would love to see the inside of the drawers and the dovetails !!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:10 am »
Totally weird and, not a chance someone will pay those prices. I put 3 or 4 minor pieces on ebay a couple months ago cause ebay offered it for free and i figured, what do i have to lose? All except 1 under one thousand dollars, a lot of interest, watchers, questions but NO SALES! I've said it before and i'll say it again, ebay just isn't the place to buy or sell old furniture.

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 07:12:50 am »
I can not believe he is getting those prices for that hardware,,some is from the 60`s !!   That chest is nice but he has it as original yet he re-veneered the top,, replaced all the hardware and has been totally refinished !!  I am not sure that inlay is not laser cut !!  Would love to see the inside of the drawers and the dovetails !!

No need to believe it, because he's not getting those prices. The only winner here will be E-Bay.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

Ipcress

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 12:01:34 pm »
I dred to think how much he's charging for tea bags.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 04:00:51 pm »

No need to believe it, because he's not getting those prices. The only winner here will be E-Bay.

But he is getting those prices for the hardware,,,unless he has a lot of fake bids !!  Read the feedback !!  And where is he getting that much 18th century furniture in Illinois ??  NE states I could see it,,,maybe !!

Rauville

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 04:30:34 pm »
He certainly doesn't have any qualms about his pricing, that's for sure.
(Darn...If I had only known that by mounting an old glass-ball furniture foot on a scrap of wood you could someday ask $7500, I could have quit working years ago.) ::)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:07 pm »
He certainly doesn't have any qualms about his pricing, that's for sure.
(Darn...If I had only known that by mounting an old glass-ball furniture foot on a scrap of wood you could someday ask $7500, I could have quit working years ago.) ::)

And I would have saved all that French Provincial hardware from the 60`s !!  We are in the wrong business Rauville !!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 04:38:21 am »
But he is getting those prices for the hardware,,,unless he has a lot of fake bids !

That sort of thing (fake bids) is very easy to do on the internet, it's called fraud!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 10:27:47 am »
He has a couple of handles listed for $22+ on there that I can buy at the local hardware store for under $2.25 each!  Wow! 

I still have plenty I could mount to wood and DH would most likely help me to get things out of the house! LOL

However, I bet he can sell them!  If you need a certain piece and this is all you can find...BAM (stealing from friend across the pond) he is selling it!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:29:32 am by KC »
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!