Author Topic: Roseville Pottery vase  (Read 3794 times)

magpie3477

• View Profile
Roseville Pottery vase
« on: May 02, 2004, 09:14:19 am »
I have a vase that was a wedding gift for my mother who was married in 1935.  It is a 6 1/2 inch brown vas with two clematis flowers on one side and one on the other.  On the bottom is Roseville U.S.A. and the number 188-6" in raised lettering.  There is an incised number 21, and a letter that looks like a Capital A has been written on in ceramic ink.  Can anyone give me some information on this?  I don't doubt its authenticity, but would like to know its age and monetary value.  Thanks.

kerrybee

• View Profile
Roseville Pottery vase
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 03:19:48 pm »
Here's one up for auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3720677357&rd=1

There's another with a "buy it now" price of $70.00, but it states it has a repair to it.  

Don't be put off by the low bid - I don't know if they have a reserve, for their sake I hope so, these items in a shop would be priced higher, $95 is a ballpark.  Your provenance is so very important - old pics with the vase on a table, even if the pics were in the 50's or 60's - written notes from owner/owners/.  

So, provenance, excellent condition, and BTW, the pattern was introduced in 1944, and I betting it was a 10th Anniversary present.    KB

SamanthaChild

• View Profile
Re: Roseville Pottery vase
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024, 07:40:19 am »
Today's wedding gifts have become wonderfully thoughtful and personalized, reflecting the unique tastes and interests of the couple. From custom-made art pieces to experiences like cooking classes or travel vouchers, each gift is a celebration of the couple's journey together. The trend of meaningful and useful gifts, often sourced from sustainable and local businesses, adds an extra layer of significance and joy to the occasion. It's heartwarming to see how these gifts not only honor the special day but also support the couple's future adventures and memories.