Author Topic: Old Taxi Licenses  (Read 1115 times)

Smokey596

• View Profile
Old Taxi Licenses
« on: July 04, 2017, 01:54:44 pm »
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any information about these two old taxi licenses. I just wondered if there is any appeal to collectors or if they would have any value. This is my grandfather and these are his licenses, front and back, from 1930 and 1931.

Thank you!

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: Old Taxi Licenses
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 09:16:49 am »
Those are interesting pieces of family history. Are there metal badges to go along with them? Yes, there is collector interest in early licenses and badges...http://www.chauffeurbadges.com/8.html
(Your post even caused me to look into the history of the Louisville "Sinking Fund".)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 11:36:26 am »
There are definitely collectors of old licenses/permits out there. Nice pieces of history!

Rauville, you love to put "teasers" on your posts...and they work to get couriosity up.  Interesting history on the sinking fund...had to look it up!  :) 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Smokey596

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:22:32 pm »
Thank you for the replies! No, no badges to go with them. They are fully encased in the leather, however...can't even get them out to look at, which I thought was interesting.

And now I also am fully educated on the Louisville Sinking Fund. :)