Author Topic: pate de handpainted limoges france  (Read 3656 times)

Lindaloo

• View Profile
pate de handpainted limoges france
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:35:53 pm »
Can some one help me identify this piece, I know it was my great Grandmothers, she passed away 36 years ago at the age of 88.

on the back of this piece it says:

Hand painted
Pate de
Limoges
France

I am told by my mother that all the detail is in gold.

Thanks for any help

« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 01:24:05 pm by Lindaloo »

Lindaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 01:27:47 pm »
The picture is not the best but the detail painted on the inside of each section is 4 roses bloomed with buds and leaves and then scattered around are like minuture leaves, with heavy gold outline on the trim.
Thank you agian

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 11:48:39 pm »
here's one other piece I located with sales price not much other info tho':

http://www.aspireauctions.com/auction44/7694.html

and another piece with a roses design and copy of the backstamp

http://www.rubylane.com/shops/piatik/item/PS11-12-04-02

here's an e-bay link with more items in your roses pattern up for auction - a sugar bowl - ash tray - demitasse set

I am guessing that these items are made in france from "pate de limoges" which I think means a type of clay found in Limoges France.  I would also guess that they were imported into the USA as whiteware and decorated here.  But by what company - then again I could be wrong.  Perhaps Pate de Limoges is in fact the name of a company.  Doesn't really matter.  They are beautiful.   Best wishes KB

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 11:53:54 pm »
http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search....ntrypage=search

this is the e-bay link - sorry about that      :(     KB

Lindaloo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 08:45:11 am »
Thanks so much for your help.  I wish I knew if it was like the one on ruby lane.  I went to the book store yesterday, could not find the mark in thebook to learn information.  I did call the lady who has hers up on Ruby lane, to see why her is so much in value and if my Great Grandmother's is of any value, I know for sure it is already 50 years old just from when she got it, as it was a 50th wedding anniversary present in 1952.

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 08:44:49 pm »
To those who have these lovely pieces:

I was researching a totally different item - but one site that I rely on is this:

www.edish.com               And it showed in the alphabetical index under "P".  there were no items in stock, but it remains a great resource. Best wishes.   KB

PS:  As a web researcher I'm always looking to expand my options - if you have any sites I should visit, I would appreciate.  Thankx,    KB