Author Topic: 1971 Large Fish Restaurant Sign,Handmade,Handpainted New Orleans  (Read 928 times)

susiecat

• View Profile
I bought this sign about 10 or 11 years ago froma store front flea market.This is the story as told to me.This sign was over a fish restaurant in New Orleans La.It was blown off durning Hurricane Katria,the large frame was broken only this part was left.There's an initial at bottom and year 1971.Anybody have any information.I'm not sure if it's true or not.

mart

• View Profile
Re: 1971 Large Fish Restaurant Sign,Handmade,Handpainted New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 04:13:50 pm »
No clue !! Have only been to the northern part of  Louisiana !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 10:22:33 pm »
After the initials FLM it looks like Russian lettering (cyrillic).

It would be hard to tell since the actual name of the restaurant isn't on there.  So many places have been destroyed by hurricanes over the years and there are so many Mom/Pop places that are outside the cities proper.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

susiecat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 12:24:49 pm »
KC I was looking close,I throught it was 1971 but looking really good,it does look like some type of letters.The figures of the fish world sit out,not flat as if they were molded.Maybe I'm not explaining it well.It's the best way I can explain.