Author Topic: Prince of Wales Own Civil Service Rifles Wafer Iron (Yes really) I need help!  (Read 1117 times)

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
So I'm walking through a massive antiques warehouse in Asheville NC and stumble upon this cool old wafer iron. Thinking that it will make a great historic reenactment demonstration item, I buy it. When I get it home I start researching the interesting image on one of the two plates, "Ich Dein" and the plumed crown. Very quickly I discover that it is the symbol of the Prince of Wales Own Civil Service Rifles! Ich Dein (I serve) is a contraction of "Ich Deine" (I'm yours) Further research shows that this regiment has a long and noble history of service in the UK. So, what the heck have I got here? Something used to make wafers for a memorial? An officer's wedding? An event with the soldiers? I'm stumped!

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 08:07:30 pm by talesofthesevenseas »
Antiqueaholic in recovery

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Here is the cap badge of the Prince of Wales Own Civil Service Rifles:

mart

• View Profile
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/stop-using-my-three-feathers-2263539

Don1t get too excited Tales !!  This symbol has been used on thousands of items !!  Prince of Wales is a bit perturbed !!

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
Ha! Well that explains it perfectly! A little civic pride is all. Thank-you VERY much Mart!